Friday, October 14, 2005

Sony PSP 2.50 Firmware Update and LocationFree Technology

Sony just released the PSP 2.50 Firmware update. I just used the Network Update feature and updated my PSP. Since the 2.00 Firmware update, I've been using my PSP as a portable internet browser with much success. In the new firmware update, Sony has added a feature called LocationFree Player.

You can watch TV or videos on your PSP™ system by using the LocationFree™ Player. To watch TV or videos at home, you must have a LocationFree™ Base Station (a Sony product sold separately). To watch away from home, you must have a LocationFree™ Base Station (a Sony product sold separately) and access to the Internet using a wireless LAN. For details, visit LocationFree BaseStation. Based on what I've read, the Sony PSP now has turned into a portable remote control, streaming video device. Is this cool or what? Now I get a LocationFree base station.

No comments: