Sunday, October 02, 2005

Hybrid automobiles going mainstream

My outlook and belief that hybrid automobiles is the future for the next 10-20 years appears to have been on the mark based on the "Hybrid Envy" article. Looks like Toyota and Honda have quite a head start in the hybrid vehicle technology arena. Honda just release their 3rd generation hybrid with the new Civic. I am still waiting for a hybrid Pilot, Odyssey, MDX and Ridgeline from Honda. Toyota is also increasing their hybrid product offerings in the Highlander and Camry models this fall.

As for fuel cells, well that is a whole different problem and possible solution for the world in 20-30 years from now. The largest problem is the lack of a hydrogen infrastructure issue in our current world economy.

1 comment:

^-^,-,~ Inu said...

As soon as I can, I'm replacing my Ody II with an Ody III.5 hybrid. Honda, why is this taking so long to get out????